KOLKATA PORT TRUST
4, Fairlie Place (3rd Floor)
No. Vig/70/7/A/ Dated, 20th March, 2007.
Circular – 04/2008
Sub: CVC’s Guidelines on tender opening.
The following precautions are required to be taken as per CVC’s instructions:
1. The opening of tenders must be done in presence of trade representatives.
2. While, opening the tenders by the tender opening officer / committee, each tender should be numbered serially, initialed and dated on the first page.
3. Each page of the tender should also be initialed with date and particularly, the prices, important terms & conditions etc. should be encircled and initialed in red ink by the tender opening officer / committee.
4. Alterations in tenders, if any, made by the firms, should be initialed legibly to make it perfectly clear that such alterations were present on the tenders at the time of opening.
6. Wherever any erasing or cutting is observed, the substituted words should be encircled and initialed and the fact that such erasing / cutting of the original entry was present on the tender at the time of opening be also recorded.
7. The tender opening officer / committee should also prepare ‘on the spot statement’ giving details of the quotations received and other particulars like the prices, taxes, duties and EMD etc. as read out during the opening of the tenders.
8. Amount quoted by vendors should be entered in the tender opening register.
9. In case of ‘Two bid’ system, in order to make the system fool proof, it needs to be ensured that not only the tender opening officer / committee should sign on the envelopes but the signatures of two trade representatives should also be obtained on all the envelopes containing the price bids. Thereafter, all the envelopes should be put in a bigger envelope / box and the same should be properly sealed duly signed by the tender opening officer committee and trade representatives
The above directions were reiterated in the Zonal review meeting of CVC.
Chief Vigilance Officer