Kolkata Port handled 57.891 million tonnes of traffic in 2017-2018 against the traffic of 50.951 million tonnes handled in 2016-2017.
Kolkata Dock System (KDS) handled a traffic of 17.390 million tonnes in 2017-2018 against 16.810 million tonnes in 2016-2017. In 2017-2018 KDS handled an all time high traffic in the history of the port surpassing the previous highest of 57.329 million tonnes in 2007-2008. At Haldia Dock Complex (HDC), 40.501 million tonnes of traffic was handled in 2016-2017 as against 34.141 million tonnes of traffic in 2016-2017.
Comparative performance of Kolkata Port in 2017-2018 in respect of the following deserves special mention:
Kolkata Port ranked First amongst all Indian Major Ports in terms of Coking Coal & Other Coal handling, Second in Other Liquids and Third in Container Traffic handling in 2017-2018.
In 2017-2018 KDS of KoPT achieved an all time high Container throughput of 7,96,211 TEUs. Moreover, KDS Railway System also handled highest ever traffic of 5.71 million tonnes in 2017-2018.
Number of vessels handled at Kolkata Port during 2017-2018 was the highest amongst all Indian Major Ports. KoPT handled approximately 17% of the total number of vessels, which worked at Indian Major Ports in 2017-2018. During the year 2017-2018, 3671 vessels called at KoPT.
Statistics of cargo handled by Kolkata Port are given below.
- Cargo Handled in Last 20 Years (, 19 KB)
- Traffic handled at Kolkata Port during Last Five Years (, 15 KB)
- Number of Containers Handled (, 13 KB)
- Volume of Containerised Cargo (, 14 KB)
- Ship Calls at Kolkata Port (, 10 KB)
- Traffic Handled in terms of Principal Commodities (, 46 KB)
- Passenger Traffic (, 16 KB)
- Railway Traffic (, 12 KB)
- Financial Indicators (, 11 KB)
- Performance Indicators (, 38 KB)